Life is Good!

I can't believe how fast time has gone by! Here we are approaching the end of August, coming to the end of the summer. It's been a fairly busy spring and summer season, despite the economy. And while in the summertime, the market typically slows down for us, I have been fortunate to have connected with another stager with an established business in the Oakville/Mississauga area. So in between my own staging projects, I am able to remain busy working with her, keeping momentum.

I thought I should take a moment to show my gratitude today-- partly because it was my birthday, and I wanted to say thank you for all the kind messages, email greetings, and cards. I celebrated with my family, starting with a special pancake breakfast prepared by my dear husband, lunch with my extended family at my folks place, and ended the day with a quiet dinner out with my husband. As I am creeping up in age one thing that seems to always be in the forefront of my mind is my health. And I thank God that I am still fairly healthy. A stagers job can be physically demanding, although for me it is a small price to pay for doing something that I am truly enjoying. So not only am I thankful for my health, but I am thankful that I have found something that I can be passionate about!

It took me a while to realize how important it is to always give thanks. Because of my melancholy tendency, I'd find it simpler to be critical and complain about things that are not going right in my life. However, as you know there are negative effects of being that way and later I would find myself depressed and moody, not really accomplishing anything. Understanding and knowing the nature of my personality was enlightening for me. So now, while I allow myself to still find pleasure in wallowing in my misery, I will stop and remember to equally recognize and give thanks for what is good in my life. As a result, I would undeniably find that what is good will always far outweigh what is bad.

Giving thanks gives me strength and keeps me motivated to plough forward and strive to be better in all aspects of my business, family, and spiritual life.

So here's to celebrating another year of life, filled with good health, special friends, great colleagues, and a wonderful family! Thank you, God, for looking after me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...