Birthday Party Decorating

It's my daughter's birthday this week. She's having a party with her friends on the weekend so I've been scrambling to put together a theme.  Gone are the days when kids could just invite friends over and be happy to play games, have birthday cake, while being left to their own devices to entertain themselves. Now kids need to be WOW'd! ...with party themes and elaborate decor.  I blame the internet... there's just way too much inspiration out there!

It's going to be a slumber party and she wants to have a sweet table.  All that's going through my mind is eight 11 year old girls loaded up on sugar and staying the night... am I crazy?!

Here's my inspiration...


This table is perfect because it is modest.  I just think these sweet tables can become
 excessive.. with way too much candy for my liking.  Mine will probably be even smaller.
 (Yes, I will be limiting their sugar intake!)

I'd like to make something like this garland to hang against the wall above the table.

We've already started with the loot bags.
Orange is her favourite colour so we picked that as the decor theme for her slumber party,
and each child will get a mini pillow pet to take home!
Stay tuned!  I'll post pics so you can see how it all turns out.

--Imelda

If you're planning to put your house on the market and require some home staging advice, please contact me for a consultation at imeldasmithhomestaging@gmail.com


Photos: Candy Warehouse; Trendhunter; Imelda Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...