DIY Holiday Urns

As I get older, I despise the cold weather we have during the winter season and I dream about one day moving closer to my sister who lives in southern California.  There is, however, something to be said about being in the cold climate during Christmas... it just doesn't feel right otherwise.  And seeing the snow fall on Christmas Day-- there's nothing more perfect..with all the Christmas lights and decorations, I get the warm and fuzzies and suddenly the cold isn't so bad!

One of my favorite things I love to see this time of the year are winter urns. They are perfect for bringing life to your front entry and help create a warm and inviting feeling for your home.  Here are my winter urns and I've decked them out with red touches for the Holidays...



Supplies:  an urn with soil, pine, cedar, spruce, dogwood, magnolia leaves, decorative balls and mesh ribbon. The spray bottle is a product called 'Wilt Proof' and you apply it on the greens to prevent moisture loss.

And, here is how you put it together...











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...